I have been MIA for awhile but, in return, I have a new fun pattern that I would like to share with everyone. The best part is, it's FREE. Yup, FREE.
I wanted a fun, sassy but quick Christmas gift and this fits the bill. Introducing the Ruffled Coffee Cozy. TADA!!
Ruffled Coffee Cozy
gauge: 3 hdc per inch
finished measurement: approx. 10 inches
hdc-half double crochet
sl st-slip stitch
1.using a chainless sc foundation, sc 12. ch.1 turn
2. sc 3, ch.1, skip 1 sc, sc 4,ch.1, skip 1 sc, sc 3 (10 plus 2 ch.1 spaces)
3. sc 3, sc in ch.1 space, sc 4, sc in ch.1 space, sc 3. ch.2, turn (12)
4- hdc in each.ch.1, turn (12)
The next row will reveal a row of unworked loops on the right side. Mark these unworked loops because you will come back to those later and work the ruffle.
5-22. hdc in each. ch. 1, turn (12) If you want a larger or smaller cozy, increase or decrease your number of rows by an even number here.
23-26. sc in each, ch.1, turn (12) do not fasten off after row 26.
27. sc in same space and continue to sc around 3 sides of of the cozy, placing 2 sc in each corner. Slip stitch to join. fasten off and weave in ends.
28. Re-attach yarn with a slip stitch to unworked loops on row 4. Sc in same space, ch.1 [(dc, ch.1) 3 times] in same stitch. repeat [ to] in next 10 loops. In last loop, (dc,ch.1) 3 times, sc , sl st. Fasten off and weave in ends .
29. Re-attach yarn to unworked loops of row 22 and repeat round 28.
Attach buttons to row 25 between the 4th and 5th stitch and 8th and 9th on the right side.
I am going to add non slip spray to the wrong side of mine to get extra grip.
It fits all reusable and disposable coffee cups. Now, go grab a cup of joe. Enjoy!